Previous Release Notes – Silhouette v4
Silhouette 4.8 Summary
Silhouette now includes the following new features:
- Patient Merge
The Data Administration tooling now includes a Patient Merge function for users with the ‘Can Manage Clinical Data’ permission. Patient Merge allows the selection of ‘from’ and ‘to’ patient, moving all images, wounds, assessments, encounters and orders from the ‘from’ patient to the ‘to’ patient. The ‘from’ patient details are then deleted. Patient data captured for the ‘from’ patient in offline applications will be migrated to the new patient on data sync. The Patient merge function is also supported on the Silhouette Integration Interface to allow for HL7 patient merge requests to be handled.
- Orders and Encounters
Silhouette now supports the creation, update and deletion of patient encounters and orders through the Silhouette Integration Interface. Orders can also be deleted by Silhouette users with appropriate permissions. Assessments performed in Silhouette can be linked to orders and can also be unlinked from orders to correct mistakes. Orders can be marked as completed and can also be reactivated by Silhouette users to correct mistakes. An orders search feature has been added to Silhouette, allowing users to find orders based on status, facility and scheduled date. SilhouetteConnect will automatically download any patient with an active order scheduled in a configurable number of days into the future. It can also be configured to automatically remove orders on completion. The Silhouette Outbound Integration Interface creates outgoing events for order to assessment linking, unlinking and order status changes (completed). These events can be used in the NextGen Connect integration engine to generate PDF reports of the associated assessments. The fields recorded from HL7 order messages on encounter and order records in Silhouette can be configured by ARANZ Medical staff (e.g. observation request placer field from an OBR segment can optionally be recorded against the order and the assigned patient location from a PV1 segment can optionally be recorded against the encounter in Silhouette).
- SilhouetteConnect – automatically remove patient feature
The function to automatically remove patients from SilhouetteConnect after a specified number of days has been updated to monitor the last time a patient was viewed in a specific instance of SilhouetteConnect. It can be set to remove patients not viewed in that instance of SilhouetteConnect for between 1 and 365 days. These settings are organizational settings and can only be configured by ARANZ Medical staff.
- SilhouetteCentral and SilhouetteConnect tracing screen update
The image viewing, tracing screens and tools in SilhouetteCentral and SilhouetteConnect have been updated. The highlights are:
- More of the screen is used to display images.
- Higher resolution display of images to support better zoom.
- Mouse mode tracing with drop points and continuous drawing modes.
- An on-screen stylus for touch screen drawing when adding outlines.
- Support for both undo and redo.
- Support for viewing SilhouetteStar laser detections on the tracing screen.
- Hides lasers from SilhouetteStar images when first opened.
- Add and remove point functionality for editing outlines.
See the on-line help for a full description of these tools.
- Can Trace Image permission has been added
The ‘Can Trace Image’ permission has been added to allow the creation of separate imaging and tracing/reader user groups. On upgrade, existing groups will be granted this permission.
- Additional gender options can be added
ARANZ Support can now add additional values to the list to support other gender recording requirements. The default notes only have a selection for Male or Female.
- Support for upgrading v3 systems with multiple patient identifiers
In previous v4 upgrades, v3 systems using multiple patient identifiers were not supported. The upgrade for v4.8 will request that the system administrator select one of the patient identifiers to be the main patient identifier used for searching patients within Silhouette. All other identifiers are migrated to notes on the patient details page.
- Support for upgrading systems that have duplicate wound indexes
Previous v4 upgrades from v3 systems blocked any upgrades that had patients with duplicate wound indexes (e.g. two wounds labelled A or wound 1). This upgrade allows those wounds to be upgraded, keeping the duplicate index.
- Removes support for wound level SilhouetteLite Assessment
SilhouetteCentral no longer displays SilhouetteLite Assessments as a special heading under wounds. Any SilhouetteLite Assessments are now treated as Patient Level Assessments and will appear on the Patient Timeline and all Wound Timelines.
- Image improvements for 5MP SilhouetteStar 1 (model number 2005)
Image captures from the SilhouetteStar model 2005 have been improved to give better exposure and color.
Silhouette 4.7 Summary
- Silhouette now includes an Automatic Wound Boundary Detection tool.
- The tool is optionally available to users when tracing wounds or can be disabled by a system administrator if it is not required.
- The tool is tuned for use with DFUs and returns the best effort boundary detection, allowing users to accept, reject, or edit the result.
- The Silhouette Integration Interface is now an optionally licensed feature that enables:
- Coldfeed integration of PDF assessment reports from Silhouette.
- Silhouette patient management using HL7 ADT messages from an EMR, including patient creation, patient updates and patient delete.
- The Silhouette Integration Interface works with an appropriately configured instance of the NextGen Connect integration engine, which requires configuration assistance from the ARANZ Medical Support Team.
Silhouette 4.6 Summary
- Silhouette now provides the ability to track the state of a wound. Users are able to record a wound opening date and assess a wound as having an outcome of ‘Healed’, ‘Amputated’ or ‘Released from follow-up’.
- Note fields can now have a visibility expression defined that allows them to hide or show based on the user’s selection of another value within the same note group. For example: if “Wound Pain Location” is set to “Other” then a text box called “Other Wound Pain Location” can be shown and required.
- A new wound data export has been added to allow the export of a wound list with all wound state records for the selected patients.
- The CTEULA has been updated, see full CETULA here.
Silhouette 4.5 Summary
- Silhouette data administration now has these new tools: Delete Patient, Delete Wound, Delete Assessment, Move Image, Move Assessment.
- SilhouetteCentral to SilhouetteConnect Synchronization improvements.
- Improved web app memory performance when viewing patient and wound timelines.
Silhouette 4.4 Summary
- Silhouette now provides multi-time zone support enabling the correct sequencing of assessments where the assessments are performed in different time zones.
- Silhouette can now export comma separated values (csv) files of patient and assessment data.
Silhouette 4.3 Summary
- SilhouetteCentral now has the ability to automatically send an email to selected recipients when an assessment is updated or created. This is an optional licensed feature and supports the following:
- Grouping of Silhouette users into different email lists.
- Multiple assessment email actions per assessment type.
- Conditionally expressions allowing email to be sent based on an assessment note value.
- Email templates, which allow the email to contain links to the assessment within Silhouette or assessment notes to be sent directly in the email body.
- The ability to attach a PDF assessment report to the email.
- The ability to see how many emails have been sent and the status of the email queue for the last 30 days.
- SilhouetteConnect uses Microsoft SQL Server Express
- SilhouetteConnect has been upgraded from using the Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition database to using Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition. This improves the reliability and performance of the application.
- Any data stored in SilhouetteConnect is migrated to the new database when SilhouetteConnect is upgraded.
Silhouette 4.2 R2 Summary
- SilhouetteStar 2 v1.5R3 camera firmware update.
- The initial release of SilhouetteConnect for v4. This will restore the offline capabilities of Silhouette to the equivalent of v3.x. SilhouetteConnect will work with both SilhouetteStar and SilhouetteStar 2 (5MP) cameras in wired mode.
- Enhanced support for the SilhouetteStar 2 (5MP) camera in wired mode, which provides a more reliable camera and image transfer experience.
- License management, which enables admin users to view or configure their software license.
- Improved group permission support.
- Improved discoverability for creating new wounds and assessments.
Silhouette 4.1 Summary
- New capture device SilhouetteLite+ app and sensor.
- Improved support for connection for SilhouetteStar 2 cameras when using HTTPS.
- Clinical User Interface now enables users to trace and edit SilhouetteLite+ captured images and assessments, and select a specific Wi-Fi network when connecting SilhouetteStar 2 cameras. There is no longer support for date and time fields in the notes and the default Admission Assessment definition includes expected discharge date, rather than expected discharge date/time.
- The administration user interface enables the configuration of multiple Wi-Fi networks for SilhouetteStar 2 cameras.
Silhouette 4.0 Summary
- This is the first release of the v4 redesign of the Silhouette system. It does not completely replace all of the features available in v3.
- New capture devices SilhouetteStar 2 over Wi-Fi and SilhouetteLite iOS application.
- Clinical user interface updates.
- Administration user interface updates.
- Other system changes and log visibility available via ARANZ Medical support users.
- Email for password reset.